GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Brain of the Year.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous My cat suffers from delusions of grandeur. He thinks he can fly. Really. Yesterday afternoon I heard the young male pheasant [who makes the oddest assortment of chirks, clicks, & clucks in his efforts to attract a bride] fluttering through the garden.


Pheasants don't fly very well. They tend to launch themselves & glide from branch to branch, climbing if they want to go higher. We have several beauties hanging around. They look quite stunning in their black, gold & bronzey colouring when the sun hits them but they are definitely bigger than my cat, who is no lightweight himself!

I didn't pay much attention until I realised my idiot of a cat was stalking the pheasant from underneath, branch to branch, along the verandah. Eventually he launched himself off the end of the verandah in a vain attempt to catch the bird in flight. Yep! This one's winning no prizes for *brain of the year*.

3 comments:

Molytail said...

Your flying cat and my cat who thinks he's a dish (always sitting in the sink) should get along well in their delusions. *grin*

Anonymous said...

Maybe your cat thought that the branch would act like a diving board that would give him extra spring up to the pheasant. Maybe you have a genius cat that just needs a bit more time to develop his skills. Trying to maintain the cat's dignity you know.

Sandra said...

You've never heard of a flying cat?