GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A cooking moment.

“Honest bread is very well - it's the butter that makes the temptation.”Douglas Jerrold (1803-1857)

We are having an incredibly wet summer. This morning it was cool & drizzly, cool enough that I didn't mind turning on the oven for a cooking session. BIG mistake. It mizzled & it drizzled & now it is steaming. Whew! I am dripping wet & I've barely done a thing.


First I made a regular batch of choc chip cookies because just about everyone likes them & my recipe makes a nice big batch. They were barely out of the oven before hands arrived to snatch them away & mouths got burnt. It's been a while since I've baked & the kids do like home made cookies!
And seeing as the oven was hot I went for it & made a batch of melting moments. I rarely make these as I'm fed up cooking before they're done as they are a two step process. First all the individual cookies have to be made. Then the halves are wedgied together with icing sugar & butter. They are so *short* they really do melt in your mouth. These were the biscuits my kids always used to beg me to make because for just one of these they could trade for absolutely anything they wanted in the playground! Seriously. I would have kids coming up to me begging me to make a batch so they could trade off with my kids.
I have taken my car out to have the brake pads replaced. I have dropped Liddy at work & baked & now I am going to have a quiet cuppa & a bikkie before taking Dearest to his doctor's appointment. Mmmmmm. So sorry I can't share.

3 comments:

Molytail said...

mmmmm cookies! I have to do some baking today too...chocolate chip cookies and banana bread!

Sandra said...

Now you've done it. I'm trying to eat better, as I have packed on a few MORE pounds. Now I want cookies!

Ashley Dumas said...

Those cookies look lovely! Yum : )