GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Cat the Door Mat.

There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat. ~Tay Hohoff
He should have WELCOME inked across his underbelly. He knows the exact spot to sprawl where everyone in the house must pass by & there he takes up residence shamelessly.

Only a masochist pats Iss when he's like this. Iss likes rolling round on his spine attempting to catch the stray hand dangling over his head & purring like mad. [No they're not cat scratches, silly. I walked into a rose bush! ;)] All this wet weather isn't impressing him. He sleeps a lot, curled up on everyone's dropped clothing & being loved on by all who pass by.

5 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

i've always heard that a cat only lays like that when it feels very safe and contented... so you must be a very good cat-mama;)

seekingmyLord said...

Issi is a such a cutie. Cats can be so very sweet. Even the neighbor's cats hang at my house more than their own. Cats and me--we are just drawn to each other and we get along so well.

Then there is my Jamie...but that is a whole another story.

Ganeida said...

Diane: Iss is weird. Not only does he lay round like this for me but He spreads the pads on his paws so I can tickle between them.

Seeking: Iss is cute & he loves me shamelessly. Animals can teach us so much about unconditional love.

seekingmyLord said...

My cat teaches me to love him unconditionally by being both demanding and conditional in the extreme.

I don't think that is what you meant though...or was it?

Ganeida said...

lol, seeking. The cat has security issues. Trust me. He loves me completely unconditionally. He might get upset when I go away but he never pays me out for going; I might not come back next time. lol