GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. ~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major.Twice in one week! I shall suffer from a swelled head. Jillian@ Homeschooling for Christ has given me the honest scrap award. Isn't that nice of her?!


Now, to keep this award, I must complete the following:


1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. See above.☺


2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.


*1 As much as I hated school I loved Uni. I miss it. I want to go back. OK, I'm not wrapt in exams & essays & deadlines but I loved the exchange of ideas, the conversations, the books! The Books! Oh my! I could almost sell my soul for the Uni library.


*2 I travelled twice to Fiji as a child. I love the Fijian people. Blue skies, warm water, rain at night. It's the only place I actually go swimming. You know, get wet. In the sea.


*3 My family are *boaties*. I'm the only one who hates living on board a boat. The salt gets into everything. It makes me itch. When I itch I get grumpy & bad tempered. When I'm grumpy & bad tempered no~one wants to live with me.


*4 When I was a child I read nothing but fiction, preferably fantasy, often fairy tales. As an adult I rarely read anything but non~fiction: archaeology, history, theology & education. No I don't know why. When I do read fiction I tend to return to the children's books of my childhood. Bit like a kneading cat returning to kittenhood really. At least I don't drool.


*5 Dogs really like me. I don't really like dogs. I'm a cat person.

*6 I really like the mindless tasks of housekeeping: mopping floors, washing dishes, hanging out the washing. I can think of other things while I do those chores. I don't enjoy cooking & I can't successfully think of something else while I do it ~ which is why I so often burn meals. *sigh* I wish I could just winkle my nose & whoosh! a meal would appear.

*7 My favourite colour is any shade of bluey~green. It reminds me of water & distant hills & shade from the summer sun.

*8 I like walking in the rain & at night under the stars. I don't like the heat or wind. I like the country, can't stand being surrounded by concret & steel & the constant hum of traffic.


*9 I'm allergic to all sorts of stray things: red wine [gives me migraines], certain deoderants & perfumes [ditto], soap, nylon/rayon [gives me hives] & just about all the make~up on the market. I never doll myself up, always wear natural fabrics & avoid red wine like the plague.


*10 I know my saviour lives because He has told me so. The Lord has chosen to speak to me very, very clearly on a couple of occassins. I know it's not the usual way he does things but it sure removed any doubt in my mind. Yes, there is a God. Yes, God is love. Yes, he wants a personal relationship. If I could somehow manage it I would manage it so I could bask in the presence of God but that's not how it works in this world & I long for the day when I no longer have to look in a mirror darkly, but am face to face & can lose myself forever in His grace & love.


3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.Well, I'm not home just now & I don't have huge numbers of readers. Nor do I read round lots & lots. It takes more time than I can honestly afford so I am going to leave this one open. I probably stretched the bonds of friendship enough last time. Everywhere I read regularly falls into these parameters so if you would like to play please leave a link so I can come read.

4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.


If you add your name here consider yourslf informed! ☺

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yeah, I hate the tell seven other people they get it thing, as well. You're always afraid of nominating someone who doesn't want it or making someone else feel left out.

So, if you weren't allergic to those things, I wonder what you'd wear? :]

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I have an award waiting for you at my blog. :)
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Sandra said...

An interesting list.