GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A picture or two...

Happiness is a bowl of cherries and a book of poetry under a shade tree. ~Astrid Alauda

Dearest is a plain meat & three veg man. Ditz & I indulged. Sweet omelets have to be one of our all~time favourite meals but as each has to be made individually & each requires 3 eggs that have to be separated & the whites beaten before folding in the yolk mix, I can rarely be bothered to go to all the effort required; certainly not if I am making them for an entire household!

Mmmm. Heaven on earth. Kiwi fruit, raspberries & the new season nectarines.
I only keep a small garden going these days. It's all I can reasonably manage ~ & only then if the weather is kind. Liddy did a big plant but as no~one was home then we lost most of it. The cabbages survived. Liddy has been telling me for weeks that my cabbage is her broccoli because broccoli is what she planted but that is indisputably cabbage! Behind that is my celery, still going strong & absolutely beautiful!

I have picked our first tomatoes & more are ripening faster than we can eat them. Time to get some parsley & make tabouli. I have just put in a few beans but they are very happy where they are & already twice the size they were & flowering. Love, love, love fresh beans! Not being able to garden as much as I like is one of the downsides of Ditz's schedule but even this paltry attempt is a blessing & helps stretch the budget.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Could you make one of those omelets for me please? You could eat it in my name. Is that cream? As we are in a lousy time of year, I am envious of your garden. I will enjoy viewing summer from your part of the world.

seekingmyLord said...

You should post your recipe or at least the link to it on your side bar. I still have not caught up with reading your blog, but I am working on it. It still is weird to read about your spring time when I am in autumn here.

Jan Lyn said...

I haven't had much online time lately but am sure glad I stopped in to check your gardens out. What wonderful pictures! We are in autumn here as well (which I normally love,) but am a bit jealous tonight!