GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And yet again!

Scheherezade is easy; a little black dress is difficult. Coco Chanel.

We live on an island. We travel by boat. Half our roads are still red dirt. We are not fashion conscious...& then we got Ditz. We got Ditz & Ditz likes to sing . In public. The more public the better.

We travel to rehearsals & lessons in our daggy baggies, our ratty Ts & thongs [footwear people!]. We are practical & comfortable, toasty warm in winter, cool in summer & always modest! For snootier rehearsals Ditz has a choir uniform: nifty black pants & a bright orange polo. I thought we were all taken care of but then along came exams ~ & eisteddfods! Ditz needs a performance outfit.

Drama, drama, drama...but you all knew that didn't you?! For weeks we've been going across to rehearsal early & scouring the shops, haunting the change rooms, desponding as top after top Ditz liked & tried on just looked appalling on her figure! See it wasn't that Ditz couldn't find anything she liked. Lots of things appealed to her but when she put them on she looked most peculiar. She has a Junoesque figure & carries herself really well. All these skimpy, figure hugging outfits made for the Victoria Beckhams of this world do nothing flattering for Ditz at all.

There is a reason I have a wardrobe of threadbare clothing. The process of looking, trying on, moving along is exhausting ~ to say nothing of time consuming. Ditz's home choices are limited & time was ticking away. Eventually she chose a very simple top that drapes her figure. It is simple, stylish & elegant. It makes her look a million dollars! Originally she tried it on with a long black skirt & I thought she looked fantastic but Ditz wasn't comfortable & decided to go with long black dress pants with a fainter black stripe. She will look good & professional & hopefully get that little boost of confidence an outfit you actually like gives.

I haven't got round to dealing with her overseas shoes yet. I just know that one will be a cat fight! *sigh* I know there are people out there who actually like shopping but I am not one of them. What do you call an aversion to shopping for clothes phobia?

7 comments:

seekingmyLord said...

I am so, so, SO thankful my daughter is not picky. In that we are not alike, but then it may be that our tastes are similar...so far, so good.

I hope you find the shoes quickly and that they are actually comfortable--I really don't like wearing "dress shoes."

Sandra said...

I'm so glad for all concerned that she found something. I don't like to shop either. But Ditz is young and beautiful and I am old and not so much. : ) I know she is going to look stunning.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I can so relate to not liking clothes or shoe shopping! I think that it relates back to my childhood days when shopping for those items was not a pleasant experience.
Have a wonderful week
Blessings,
Jillian

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

YAY! I'm glad you are at least somewhat wrapping up those loose ends. God bless you!

Molytail said...

That's a very pretty top, and I love the fluffy hanger! *grin*

Cindy's dress for tomorrow is too long and needs hemming - but I may resort to just trying some hidden pins because my sewing skills are *very* basic, meep!

Britwife said...

What a beautiful top...and I love the hemline bottom!!
I am not a shopper. Never have been, never will be. I am too tall to shop for myself (YOU try finding something to fit a woman that is almost 6 feet tall - everything is too short in the leg or too short in the sleeve. I always look like my clothes are shrunken in the wash! :)
Now that my daughters are getting older, it is becoming harder and harder to find things that don't make them look like little hookers. I may have to take up sewing (and that would be frightening for all of us!)

Jan Lyn said...

I'm so relieved after reading this and several comments. I thought I was the lone old girl who really despised clothes shopping. My poor girls mostly order clothing online when necessary with me. I actually take them out for shoes since they are so hard to fit....the top is beautiful.