GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Merry Christmas to All....



'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;


It is Christmas Eve Down Under because Christmas will arrive here a day before the rest of you. I have a list [in my head]. I'm checking it twice. I have places to be & things to do. The no bake cheesecake needs to be put together. I have a trifle to make, starting with the custard. I have stockings to fill.

What I don't have is small children. Christmas Eve with small children is another realm entirely. The excitement. The fizz of expectation. The wide~eyed wonder. After the carols, after the reading of the prophets & the gospel, after the iced chocolate, chips & sweets, after the teeth~brushing & last peek at the tree they would be tucked into their hot little beds to dream of sugar plums & fairies & things that go bang for a surprise but before they fell asleep I read them Clement Clarke Moore's wonderful, 'Twas the night before Christmas. Eventually they outgrew it, as children do outgrow things.

We have never had much in the way of worldly possessions, the tallest tree, the flashingest lights, the biggest pile of presents, the richest food but we have the most important things of all: each other & Christ.

May you all have a happy & blessed Christmas & may Christ be glorified in our hearts & homes as we celebrate His birth.

7 comments:

Britwife said...

"We have never had much in the way of worldly possessions, the tallest tree, the flashingest lights, the biggest pile of presents, the richest food but we have the most important things of all: each other & Christ."

Bless your heart. That's exactly how I feel, and that is what I am trying to teach to the little Britkids.

Merry Christmas!

MamaOlive said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
We don't have the best of everything, either, but we are very rich in the Lord.

Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, my friend.♥
Blessings,
Jillian

seekingmyLord said...

Merry Christmas to you and all your family, my dear friend down under!

Jan Lyn said...

Merry Christmas Ganeida, to you and your family. You said it well and have the best gifts of all.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and may your New Year be bright! Having the best of everything is overrated, I have children that are happy their clothes are clean!

Molytail said...

Merry Christmas!! [haha, okay so I'm way behind you LOL]