GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The wheels of the bus go round & round...

“Kenney knows two essential truths about melodrama: First that it is most powerful when combined with irony and understatement; and second that it is a salient feature of modern life.” Stefan Kanfer.
If I live long enough my household may eventually learn to do things in an orderly & restrained manner without the melodramatic theatrics. We are just dealing with drama, drama, drama. Despite a meeting an ongoing issue still has no resolution but hey, we had a meeting with lots of angst & grown adults throwing the sort of hissy fits better suited to an overtired 2 year old. And I do sooo well with confrontation...

The boys arrived. They took the car. They ate the food. They left their washing & they departed.

Ditz went from little cold to raging temperature & now Ditz has spots!!! I assumed the worst & have been watching her spots with growing alarm. Measles? Chicken pox? Thankfully, so far, please God, her spots are not behaving like measles or chicken pox. Nervous reaction? Who knows.

The cat has ticks. I have been chasing him round the house armed with the vaseline & tweezers. Iss is not impressed but Iss sleeps with me & he is not bringing his parasitic friends into my bed with him.

So how's your week shaping up?

10 comments:

Constance said...

Thankfully, my week is no where NEAR as dramatic as yours! WOW!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be sharing my bed with those "visitors" either!
Connie

Molytail said...

Oh heavens. Ticks and spots and disagreements, not fun.

What kind of 'spots'? I've seen viruses (of the fever + sore throat variety) bring on hives before.. could they be that? Chicken pox is pretty distinctive looking when it gets going, in my experience -- and I do mean MY experience. Neither of our kids have had it yet, but I sure remember when I did... I was 13. Wasn't fun!

MamaOlive said...

You poor dear! Life here is a little hectic, but not like it is for you. And, blame it on hormones or what-have-you, but Bob and I are working at our relationship again and it's a lot of fun (really, not sarcastic). And he's been taken off the deployment list, PTL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Ditz can't afford to get sick now - how long before you're off to Singapore?

Oh, poor Issi, ticks can be fatal, can't they?

I'm praying that your week improves.

Have a great weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian

Jan Lyn said...

Hmmm....Oh I do not like it when children are ill. I'll say a prayer for Ditz and hope all improves and clears soon!

Ganeida said...

People: Sad to say Ditz does indeed have chicken pox so there will be no Singapore for us this year. Hopefully the insurance will reimburse us & we will have the money for next time.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that, but I'm sure God organised it that way for a good reason (even if it doesn't feel that way to Ditz right now). I will pray for an understanding and speedy insurance refund, and, of course, a speedy recovery for Ditz (chickenpox ain't fun).

My life ain't been fun recently but come what may I'm on leave from tomorrow for a month.

Siano

loving, laughing and learning said...

how about you google all those nice places in europe you could visit, even i (the never leave home type) thinks europe would be much nicer than singapore.

Anonymous said...

Come to the UK with me next year...

Siano

seekingmyLord said...

Ganeida, what a *terrible* disappointment!!!! I am just at a lost for words....

Prayers being said for you all.