GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lookee what I found!

The prototypes of strong sensation: blazing lights, red earth, blue sea, mauve twilight, the flake of gold buried in the black depths of the cypress; archaic tastes of wine & olive, ancient smells of dust, goat dung & thyme, immemorial sounds of cicadas & rustic flute. Source unknown.

They fly in at night. Usually they are small & black. Occasionally we get a whopper like this. I released him outside but we have so many hungry birds no doubt he's been someone's breakfast by now.

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

That's what cicadas looked like when I was a kid. Not those silly tiddlers we saw yesterday!

Sandra said...

That is a biggun!

Diane Shiffer said...

Wowsers... I must say I am glad that that thing is way over on your side of the world rather than in my back yard!
signed,
not-a-bug-lover

Molytail said...

Oh wow ~ look at his awesome wings!

Jan Lyn said...

That is huge I must say. When we moved from one location (actually several times within our state!) to our current location, we had many insects and critters to adjust to. Insects and a snake WITHIN our home was amongst them.

Ewww.......but intruiging none-the-less!

Diane Shiffer said...

YIKES, girlie! Where in the name of humanity are ya??? You simply must post something, and soon... that cicada scares the life out of me every time I look at it **☺**


I missss yooooooo♥

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely HUGE! You sure do breed them BIG where you are!!! *gulp*

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Jeanne said...

Where are you!!!!!!!!!

Ganeida said...

I'm on the Sunshine coast with my mother & her impossibly slow computer!!!☺ Home Friday. Pics & post soon. Ditz & I are well & having a nice time despite the rain from the edges of a cyclone or two further north. I thought I said I was going away....

Jeanne said...

Well okay then. Come back soon - I miss you!

Siano said...

Going away's fine; abandoning blog isn't - teehee. Enjoy the rain and safe trip home

Diane Shiffer said...

Well now, that's a relief! I was getting worried about my dear lil Ganeida-girl. You have a wonderful time with your mama, and we'll look forward to hearing from you when you get home and back in the blogging swing.

((hugs))