GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Sunday, February 7, 2010

An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. ~ Charles Horton Cooley. And we think our moggie has problems! Ma's cat is gorgeous but I don't think she's ever quite worked out why some of her favourite people don't hang round longer. To add insult to injury we arrive smelling strongly of *that Tom*. Then we disappear with her person for hours on end. It's more than a well regulated moggie can stand.
Walking along the boardwalk we check out what's happening in everyone's garden: who's planted what; who's hung a bird feeder; who's added an ornament; what's flowering, what's died, what needs cutting back.

The girls like to swim in the outdoor pool but there's been a little trouble with vandalism & the first thing the girls had to do was fish a lounge chair out of the pool. I do not know what pleasure people get out of doing this stuff but do it they do.

The art group hang their work in the main foyer. Mum is a regular contributer but many of the artists have only been painting since they joined this group. There is a wide variety of styles & mediums. I'm not a fan of the big chunky pottery [which took a crash during book club & now needs a nose or something glued back on ~ oops! No, not me] & I don't like the bright geometical work but some of the simple stylistic work like the woman in red & the poppies appeals to me.
I always enjoy seeing what people have been working on & how much talent is being discovered even in old age.

Now we are back home & Ditz starts schooling again tomorrow. Oh, how she is looking forward to that!!! We got 6" of rain overnight & all the holiday washing got an extra rinse. Liddy, who has been stock~taking for 7 days straight & working big hours, was very glad to see us; she hadn't managed a wash & needed uniforms & socks. Well, I got her uniforms dry. Issi has hardly let me out of his sight & is in constant danger of being stepped on. Life is about to get back to what passes for normal around here. Oh my!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is normal??? If you find out, can you please let me know??? lol

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Diane Shiffer said...

Art is such a funny thing... I am not one for chunky pottery and geometric whatevers either. But when I find something I love, it positively transports me, and I love it with a vengeance♥

The HoJo's said...

welcome back whirlwind :o)

xc

Ganeida said...

Jillian: well, the Hojos think I'm a *whirlwind*. ☺ They obviously didn't see how I slothed over summer. I think *normal* is comparative. Compared to how I grew up we are extraordinarily abnormal.

Diane: Ditto. I might like odd things but I know what I really dislike!

Hojo's: I'm not the one too busy to blog....;P

Sandra said...

I am surprised at how good the pieces on the wall are. It seems you had a successful holiday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I have an award waiting for you on my blog:
http://footprintsdiary.com/awards/sunshine-award-from-shakira/
Blessings,
Jillian

Jeanne said...

So sad to hear that Issi is sick. I know how special animals can become real members of the family... Hope he recovers.

loving, laughing and learning said...

hope you get through today ok, i've hear it may be a difficult one and our thoughts are with you.

Siano said...

Hey girl -- just read yours re Issi. So sorry and of course lots of love and prayers.

God bless.

Allison said...

My eye was immediately drawn down to the woman in red, too.