GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, February 18, 2010



One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing & devote our attention to eating ~ Pavarotti.



Photography by Ben Dearnley
Yesterday the afternoon got later & later & as the hour for the food fracas arrived the likelihood of any dinner for anyone actually arriving receded further & further into the distance. Dearest was helicopter~computing while I wrestled with what he wanted done with his picture up~loads & the kittens gravitated between me & their food bowl looking anxious.





I can manage to ignore people quite well. The kittens are another matter entirely. They do better if they are fed regularly & often. I fed them while cursing Google. What is the matter with Google at the moment? It is sending me all round the world instead of where I want to be. No matter. I fed the cats & went back to fending of Dearest with one elbow because his suggestions were not helpful & while it was taking far more time than it should I did actually know what I was doing ~ though far too frustrated to give on~line lessons about it just then.





The hands of the clock went round & round & Ditz gravitated towards the kitchen. Being Ditz & my daughter she wanted to make dessert. Apple Crumble from here. Great recipe & it made absolute heaps. In fact it made so much there was enough for breakfast too ~ & it is healthy enough for a substantial breakfast! Just so you know we are not completely decadent. Chocolate, as we all know, is a whole food & good at any time at all!





Having taken care of the essentials Ditz offered to cook dinner ~ which was macaroni cheese with hot buttered toast because neither Ditz nor I are eating meat & Dearest just had to eat whatever got served up by then ~ & grateful for it too!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Ohhh I do so love a crumble! You've just reminded me that I have several containers of frozen raspberries from my garden that ought to be eaten...tonight! Off to pick up some oats.

Britwife said...

CatS? As in plural?
I have been away (busy, busy, busy)...and now I am playing catch up! :)
Bless your heart. And I love the quote of the day!

Sandra said...

Chocolate is an acceptable nutrient any time of the day. Helicopter computer people, well not so much. : )

Sandra said...

I don't mean nutrient for helicopter people, just their hovering is not so much appreciated!