GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Some things besides cats.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Unfortunately our council has limits on how many cats you can keep or I think we would have put dibs on Susie for Ditz. The boys were much more settled this morning though Kirby decided I need to be awake early because he needed a cuddle. Hm. I woke to a mouthful of cat hair & a resounding purr! Marlo at least waited till I was on the computer to crawl into my lap & become completely ecstatic! Though I keep water & a litter tray downstairs the boys remembered I have their bickies upstairs & when they were ready for breakfast they went & found it. I was so pleased as they had to be shut into our bedroom yesterday for church. Just too many people plus the 3 little girls! It was kinder to leave them somewhere safe where they wouldn't be disturbed. They, however, were highly insulted & not at all happy about the process.


They are far less frantic today though we are settling back into our usual routine & they got upset every time I went out in the car ~ once for Dino, once for Liddy.

Meanwhile other wildlife has been arriving in droves though why so much of it chooses to arrive in Ditz's room [who is less than thrilled] I do not know. With all the rain we have been hearing at least 3 different varieties of green tree frogs. This monster plonked himself against Ditz's window & scared the life out of her.

And then there is the goanna. He also has taken up residence near Ditz's room [perhaps because of the availability of green tree frog?]. He is very skittish though & bolts up the nearest tree any time anyone sets foot outside.
Seven adults & 4 children for church yesterday! I think we used every plate in the rack & they only left just before 4 because of the way the boats run.

Liddy picked up a form for Ditz to go on church camp next weekend. Should be interesting. She might be 14 but I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times she's been away from home on her own. And Lid heads off for her pre~field training next weekend too. Oh my. This year has begun with a bang!

I will get round tovisiting everyone's blogs in the next day or two now I am feeling more myself again. God Bless, my friends.


7 comments:

The HoJo's said...

So pleased you have some kitty love back in your lives xc

Sandra said...

Hooray for the magic of cats! The frog and lizard would make me squirm as well. The lizard is quite large. Perhaps it had frog legs for lunch. : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I should have been insulted if you had locked me in the bedroom, too, especially if I were a cat!

Can you imagine how much we (Marlo and Kirby) would have enjoyed rubbing around the visitor's legs and purring our heads off??? :D LOL

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

That goanna is very well hidden! You have to really look for him! :O

seekingmyLord said...

If you figure out a way to keep Kirby from getting in your face, let me know. There is a reason I nicknamed my cat Mornin' Lovin' Muffin, and and after 14 years, you would think he would be a bit more considerate knowing that I am a bit allergic to cat hair around my eyes!

Tell Ditz that the Princess laughed about the tree frog and would love the visitors. She would probably be trying to talk me into making them pets, but I rather enjoy wild things being wild in the wild.

Britwife said...

I'm confused by all these cats! Who is the baby with Ditz? Is that the girl kitten that you WANTED to get for Ditz? Or one of your new kittens?
I really need to stay up-to-date better...

Britwife said...

Lizards freak me out. Frogs, not so much. I don't do reptiles (except turtles). Just had to inform you - because I don't know that I can ever come and visit if there will be a lizard dropping onto my head.