GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I will make you Fishers of Men.

People who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget they too are expending their lives...& when the bubble has burst they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted. Nate Saint, missionary martyr.


God is a giver. He gives even when you aren't expecting anything. He gives when you haven't asked. It is His nature to give as much as it is His nature to love.

What He has given us is Danielle ~ & I now expect more such surprises. Danielle is 21, just a year older than Liddy. Liddy met her in Melbourne. Danielle is also called to the mission field, on the OM ship. She is bilingual [I am eating my heart out], well travelled, a musician [she's worked with Alison on Creative Generation; wonder if Alison remembers?] & because it is a small world after all any friend of Liddy's is a friend of ours & as much on our heart & in our prayers as Liddy is herself.


You can read Danielle's story here, in her very own words. And because I know what a wonderful caring, praying lot you all are I ask that those of you praying for Liddy slip Danielle in there too. Every little prayer helps & for these kids, about to head so far from home & totally reliant of the mercy & grace of God, knowing people are praying for them all around the world & that there is always someone awake to hear a call for prayer, is a blessing beyond measure.



And just in case you're wondering ~ Danielle visited with us yesterday & I do have her permission to give her a shout out! ☺ Go visit. Go on. She has a wonderful heart for God & a desire to minister to children ~ though where Liddy seems called to small children I think Danielle will minister to older children, especially teens. As the world plunges towards it's final abyss it is wonderful to see those God is calling step out in faith to shine His Light & do His will in a fallen world.

3 comments:

The HoJo's said...

added to list :o)

I'm getting a bit nervous out here already, I shudder to think how you are feeling

sending hugs n stuff your way too :o)

xc

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Interesting post - I have just finished my sermon notes on What is Your Calling? Coincidence - nope, Godincidence, methinks!

I shall add Danielle to my prayer list, and I shall add her to my Reader. Could you also please let me know Liddy's blogsite again, as I seem to have lost it? *shakes head* It's just as well that my head is attached well, for I'd probably lose that, too!

(((Ganeida))) - you are probably needing these right now!

Have a wonderful and blessed week,
Jillian ♥

Libby said...

lol mum I look as though I have black eyes... hahaha no sleep for a couple of nights, she loves that you gave her a shout out btw....