GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Little cross cultural love.

Don't pity the girl with one true friend. Envy her. Pity the girl with just a thousand acquaintances. Katie Obenchain.


I have this friend I have never met. Nope, not even once. She lives on the other side of the world, in the other hemisphere & across one of two very large oceans. She drives on the wrong side of the road, calls scones biscuits, pikelets pancakes & has even more children than I do. We have managed to disagree on lots of things & still remain friends; good friends. She is logical & good at organizing things ~ actually I don't think we could be more different if we tried but ever since God brought us together & we *met* on~line we've clicked & she now has the dubious honour of being my oldest *computer friend*.


She is also wonderfully kind & thoughtful & for someone who has never met me she knows me incredibly well. She knows I like blue & white china, surprises & cats. She also knows that despite the kittens I am missing my boy, because he was mine ~ & I was his. The kittens may be anything yet. They don't appear to be very discriminating. Issi had excellent taste. He adored me! It changes you when you are loved like that.


So yesterday a brown cardboard box arrived for me. [Here I confess my Dearest was far more fascinated by the postmarks on the box than by the contents but he's a little odd; stamp collector; they have this thing about postmarks.] Inside was this adorable Polish pottery cat. [Yes, Mama Olive, he travelled very well & arrived all in one piece!] The thing with Polish pottery is it is durable. It is meant for everyday use & is beautiful as well as hardy. When you have as many little visitors as I do that is an important consideration. Just the same I don't have many knick~knacky things [well, I wouldn't would I, after 5 kids & with 2 kittens rampaging round!] & was at a lose where to put him safely ~ somewhere where I could enjoy his beauty at odd moments through the day. For now he is living on my kitchen sink window sill with the old blue wine bottle & stray shells but out of reach of kittens & curious small fingers.


I am truly blessed to have a friend such as this. May in be counted unto her as righteousness. I ♥ you, mama O.

6 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

Awww.... what a thoughtful thing for mama O to do♥


That is an adorable cat, and I must say that my kitchen windowsill is where I keep some of my favorite things.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Blessed, truly blessed - isn't it nice when someone does something totally out of the blue, just because they want to?

Have a wonderful weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian ♥

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

*gasp*

How odd, for I have just today redecorated my whole kitchen with my Polish pottery, so it's been on my mind today!

Bless MamaOlive for her gift! The Polish pottery is more durable than you think. :)

MamaOlive said...

Wow. What a wonderful tribute! If I suddenly "pass on" will you write my obituary? :-D

Sandra said...

Good friends are rare, so you are fortunate indeed to have this one in your life, albeit via cyberspace.

seekingmyLord said...

Adorable!