GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, March 12, 2010

Miscelleanous

A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming Barbarella.

I think Marlow fell face first into his tuna juice. Nothing else explains it. Not that he's long haired, not by any means, but he does have something of a ruff [& very cute it is too] & when he crawled into my lap for his cuddle this morning & squirmed onto his back so I could rub his throat I found bits of his ruff in great knobby lumps. No point even trying the comb. I went straight for the scissors. Now I'm shaving the cat! Good grief!


Ditz made spring rolls for tea last night. Not an unmitigated success. They tasted fine but the first ones had a tendency to come apart in the pan. More practice needed I think. I like this!


And can someone explain to me why mathematicians can't write plain & simple English? I'm about to veto all word problems on the grounds the writers are incapable of expressing themselves clearly in their native language. Never read such a lot of koofoofuffle in my life! Apart from the common sense fact no~one in their right mind continues to pour liquid into a container leaking faster than you can fill it. They must be all barmy! I already told Ditz to scrap the algebra pages. I'm not into guessing games. This is supposed to be a practical text! I have no idea what you actually use algebra for but I think Ditz & I can manage very nicely without it.

I'm in pain & my tolerance levels are low. I have, however, had a truly brilliant idea for science ~ if only I can find the tools I need. Household science! The first experiment: removing body odour from clothing! Yep. And it was a success! I'm such a woos I actually did *environmental science* to finish up with because I refused point blank to cut up dead things that used to be alive, blow up smelly things or play with gadgets that never worked properly in order to record information that by it's very nature was useless & pointless. Please don't tell me you now know where Ditz gets her attitude from! Remember, I'm the ideas person. I process everything in my head. Heaven alone knows what Ditz does.

I think our weather got lost. It bypassed Melbourne, where it belongs, & landed here: wet, windy & downright miserable. They must have our sunshine.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, we are sharing weather. : ) My husband is a math man. They really are that trying! I satisfied my science credits with plants. I know how plants mate. Oh yes I do! I would never suggest Ditz gets her 'tude from you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
ROFL - shaving the cat! I'm glad that I'm not your cat. Can you imagine what he was thinking as you were coming at him with a pair of scissors??? Aargh!

We have nearly made our way through the first twelve months of algebra, word problems and all, and I can say that I understand it now. When I was at school - not a hint of understanding there! :P

Our children understand it, though, so they're one step ahead of me at their age. :D

I haven't used it in my lifetime, though, so I understand what you're saying - seems a bit meaningless. Perhaps Ecclesiastes 1:14 refers to algebra!!! The vexation of spirit part certainly fits. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend,
Blessings,
Jillian ♥

Unknown said...

Oh, the poor poor kitty, maybe next time he'll think twice before sticking his head in the tuna bowl? *lol* I'm with you completely and fully on the algebra bit, I was never a math whiz but I certainly can hold my own in life. I figure as long as we can balance a checkbook, compare prices by unit, figure tax/tip, do basic math, and at least have some knowledge of fractions for kitchen work then we're good! Of course the hubby is a math person and therefore math can't ever be simple round here. As for science I too am not one for cutting apart dead things, actually I failed an entire 9 weeks of 7th grade science because I refused to cut apart worms and pigs. ICK!