GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Lessons to be learnt.


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything through prayer & supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. [ Phil. 4:6]


Liddy is a planner ~ one of my left~brained, logical, detail oriented children. She makes lists, checks them twice. Ditz & I, well let's just say we're more the paint ball artist types; throw all your colours at a canvas & see what happens. Want to see Liddy spin, throw her a curved ball.


So before Liddy handed in her resignation she made a list: her known expenses for the year, her unknowns, her maybes & what ifs. I sympathise. I like to know where my next paycheck is coming from too. Liddy is detail oriented & her math is good. According to her calculations she had more than enough to get her through 12 months of unemployment comfortably.


Now God in His infinite wisdom gives me all the detail oriented stuff that sends me crazy because who in their right mind would care about all this stuff?! Government departments! Oh, how I loathe government departments! Liddy does that stuff in her sleep. Seriously, Ditz handed her a handful of change yesterday & without blinking Lid said,"$3.75". She was out by 20 c. I do much better with curved balls, red herrings & bunny trails. Liddy does not. Yep. She is getting them all!


Liddy goes to Sydney next week ~ unless another curved ball heads her way. She is booked to do a 5 day course on self development. Uh~huh. Planned for, paid for. Planned to drive down. Planned to swing by Aunty Duchess on her way home [ Hi sweetheart! ♥♥♥ Yeh, I know she hasn't contacted you.] Planned to head off to her new job at Rathdowney. All in her very own car. Yep. Lid's a planner. Dearest & I haven't been so happy about the way she's zotting all over the place like a bottled fly but the child's 20. An adult. We said our say & shut out mouths. God is not subtle, not when He has something to say. Not subtle at all. Plain as day. Oh yeah.


So driving back to the jetty on Sunday Lid made a slight *error of judgement*. Not all her fault but she is at fault. Ended up in the ditch. Car's been towed away by the RACQ. Lid's pretty shaken up in herself but thankfully not hurt. Mean old mum put her behind the wheel of our car as soon as she got home. No point stewing over an accident. They are called accidents for a reason & Liddy is a good driver. She needed to know that. So she drove Ditz & I up to the shops & back & it was all good. But before she has even left her job she is watching her careful, well thought out plans get smashed to smithereens & the lovely nice pile of accumulated cash dwindle before her very eyes. Her insurance just went through the roof. Um, yeah, don't even want to think about that one. She has car repairs to pay for. She has no car so may have to fly to Sydney ~ & do public transport to the airport ~ unless the repair job is quick. She has no transport to gad ~ & will have to rely on others to get her to Rathdowney.


Liddy is careful & thoughtful ~ & there is nothing at all wrong with that in & of itself but the lesson is as glaringly obvious to me as I expect it is to Liddy. We cannot rely on ourselves for even the most mundane of things. Our security is in Christ alone. I suspect that sort of trust is harder for the Liddy's of this world.

9 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

Speaking as s sister-planner.. it is very hard to let go of those wonderful plans, but the Good Lord does seem to insist on it. sigh. Tell Liddy that it all turns out in the end... it's hard getting there,but well worth the trip♥

And I feel the need to tell you that your daughter is one of the most physically beautiful individuals I have ever seen... her features are just exquisite.

seekingmyLord said...

I am at my sanest when I can plan like Liddy, but the reality is I forced to live like Ditz...ironically, to keep my sanity.

I once knew a young missionary couple who when to Albania with no association, just a few private backers. When they needed money, they would pray and people just stopped by out of the blue and hand them the exact amount they needed without knowing, sometimes just hours before a deadline. These people claimed that they felt God told them they needed to give it to them at that time. I was always amazed by the level of their faith and how their financial needs were met. Missionaries always have such amazing faith and stories; they are my favorite people.

Tell Liddy I am still praying for her.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

*whew* glad everyone is ok. Hugs to your family tonight... hope it all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Oh, poor Liddy! To have thought everything out so carefully, but then God...

Liddy, all things work together for good, to them who love Him and are the called according to His purpose, and you are definitely the called! :D

Have a wonderful and blessed week,
Love Jillian ♥

Siano said...

Don't forget to give Lid my contact details if she needs more backup. Though I'm not too sure how much use I'll be, living in outer whoop whoop LOL. Plus next week is manic workwise. But I'm there if she needs me.

Ganeida said...

Diane: I like a leetle hustle & bustle myself, but Lid doesn't like to deviate from *The Plan*.

I think she is gorgeous but beauty is deceptive & she is no sweet & delicate maiden. ☺

Seeking: Liddy is learning. Just this morning I was reading how Brother Andrew learnt to trust God to provide. Interesting how God alignes everything.

MrsC: Whew indeed. I think Liddy is lucky to be alive. She just missed a tree & seeing she was doing 80ks when she left the road & missed the tree by millimetres one can only stand in awe of God's grace & providence.

Thanks, Jillian. Taking a lot of knocks just now so the encouragement will be really appreciated. ☺

Ganeida said...

Siano: Thanks. was going to. Can you e~mail through your Ph. no. She was thinking of maybe doing an overnight with you before her course starts ~ see the house, the cats, the garden ~ Oh, & you! lol ☺

Mom said...

Wow! What an amazing post! I am a planner too, and often I am quite thrown by curveballs. It is amazing how much easier my life becomes when I realize that it is through Christ alone that I can muddle through. Wish I had learned that lesson at 20 and not still learning it at 37!

Allison said...

Prayers for Liddy.