GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. Atticus ; To Kill a Mockingbird ~ Harper Lee.

It is so lovely outside just now, despite the fact Ditz is not an early riser, that we have taken our reading onto the verandah. Coffee in my big green mug, some razorback oysters Ditz has plans for & some of my favourite books that I have waited a long time to share with Ditz: God's Smuggler, The Screwtape Letters & To Kill a Mockingbird. Pity she doesn't like any of them but it is pleasant sitting in the dappled sunlight with the cats purring at our feet.

We have kept the She Oaks, the Ironbarks & Soap trees & on the waterfront 7 different varieties of mangroves. I love mangroves. We sit concooned in our green & blue & gold wonderland & the rest of the world ceases to exist.

6 comments:

seekingmyLord said...

Today I am baking a birthday cake in the shape of a castle that I hope to begin decorating with a fondant icing later on for the Princess' tea party tomorrow....

I think I would much rather be sipping tea and reading a book on your verandah too.

Sandra said...

One of my all time favorites - "To Kill a Mockingbird" Even the movie was worth watching, many times. We are having much needed rain, so no veranda sitting for me. And a break from all that work in the yard.

Jeanne said...

Sounds just perfect to me. I, of course, entirely approve of all of your books. What is wrong with kids nowadays, eh?

Ganeida said...

Seeking: Ditz is doing just about all my baking now. Last night it was raspberry & white chocolate puding. Oooh~la~la!!!

Sandra: I love both the book & the movie but Ditz thought she knew what it was about & it has put her off. She is wrong but she won't be told.

Jeanne: Naturally. ☺ They are good ones. I sort of understand Screwtape. It's going over her head a bit but the other two? Still, by the time we are done she will be a tad better educated than if we'd never read them!

Molytail said...

Is this a bad time to admit that I've never read those books? :-P

Okay, I think I might have read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' a long time ago...I can't remember.

I could spend hours - I mean days - I mean weeks! sitting on your porch. It's lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
My daughter loved To Kill a Mockingbird - she read it very recently, and our children thought that God's Smuggler was an amazing book.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.
Love and blessings, Jillian ♥