GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy is the home with a least one cat ~ Italian proverb.

And now for the news I know you're all dying to hear....! Drum roll, please. The cats survived without me! Not well, by all accounts, & Dearest had his problems as the days waned & we still hadn't returned home. Marlow in particular, who is quite needy but reserved about asking for a cuddle [would never believe it from this pic! lol] was starting to think I'd gone for good. Yes, he has been in my lap a good bit since I've been home. Kirby, who is outwardly a little more independent & has always gone to Dearest as well as me for cuddles has shown his relief by holding me down with one paw & attempting to groom me. I object rather strenuously to having my face licked by a cat! He has been sidling up in the middle of the night too.
Guess I was missed.



And it never rains but it pours. I was returning from my shoulder scan & feeling rather sorry for myself because my poor shoulder had been pushed & pummelled & then I arrived at the jetty just in time to watch the boat pull out without me! Nothing makes me wilder. It is a very depressing sight. It was bitter cold too & I knew I had a 1/2 hour wait for the next boat but God is good. As I was feeling terribly sorry for myself a voice wildly flavoured with Gaelic vowels hailed me. There on the jetty, having also just missed a boat & fresh off the plane from Dublin, was my very Irish friend! The half hour wait was nowhere near long enough.



We have plans. Oh, yes, we have plans. Ditz has been anxiously waiting to hear if Sile thought they were all old enough to go alone to the movies. I'd said ok if it was ok with Sile. Alone is not good but a responsible group is fine. We have a yes. Ditz is so excited. The older two want to try paintballing. We want to take them out to Liddy & her alpacas for the day. They want to take Ditz to the EKKA [country fair] & overnight on the Gold Coast. Somewhere in there there is schooling but Ditz doesn't want to know.



Then Liddy invited us to the farm for a week. No can do. The cats would never survive another separation so soon & while 6 weeks seems like forever we know from past sad experience how quickly the time will slip away & our friends will be gone for another 2 years.

6 comments:

Finding Joy said...

My kitty cat (Ruby) was grumpy with me for a few minutes and ran away when I first arrived home yesterday evening. But once I sorted out her dinner she forgave me and decided it was now ok. I am at home today and both my cats are happy and sleepy on the bed - things are back to normal - so they are content!!!

Amanda said...

How amazing is our God! I loved how you got to catch up with your friend... what seemed like a curse (missing the ferry), was really a blessing! Lovely!!

Ganeida said...

Jo: The more you give, the more you get back with animals ~ or so I've found. No wonder ours get neurotic when I go away. They are very spoilt little moggie. ☺

Amanda: lol God does this to me so regularly I now look for the *surprise*.

Sandra said...

I'm so glad to hear you have your friends visiting. Ditz must be very excited. I think an excited Ditz will be a lot of Ditz!

The kitties survived, but did your Dearest?

Ganeida said...

Sandra: A LOT!!! of Ditz indeed. ☺
Dearest managed ~ just. But he is very adamant I'm not to go away again any time soon. lol

seekingmyLord said...

It is amazing how time is so relevant, isn't it? Friends as always make time pass too quickly!

When do you get the results on that shoulder?