GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Monday, September 13, 2010

Cats are like potato chips. You can never have just one.


Odd follows me. I thought I had chosen fairly normal cats; a little timid, maybe, but ~ well, cats!

I must have been a little off my game that day. I'm not sure if everything I own starts out odd or if something about living in this house makes everything that way. Whatever it is I own the oddest cats around.

Kirby is either snubbing me unmercifully or up around my neck loving on me hard! But Marlow! Marlow is a cat of another colour entirely. Marlow is under the delusion he owns me ~ & he does not like to share. He will cuddle luxuriously ~ but only on his terms. To this end he has beaten Kirby up unmercifully to ensure the marital bed is his! Dearest occassionaly has trouble but as Marlow is not the first cat to try & oust Dearest, Dearest is an experienced cat~mover~overer.

Issi liked to sleep on me. He was an alpha cat & extremely possessive but Marlow doesn't want to sleep on me. What he likes is the fartherest corner at the bottom of the bed where he perches like jacky repelling all boarders. At some point I will feel his considerable weight settle around my feet, his fur tickling my toes & his great wedged head resting on my ankle.

However there is a drawback to this happy little scenario. Marlow likes to stretch & roll ~ which is fine if you have the room to do that but as I said, Marlow likes the very edge of the edge of the bed. There is nowhere to go but down.

I woke this morning, suddenly, with searing pain shooting though my ankles & a desparate cat scrabbling for all he was worth to cling to an upright position! Marlow had rolled just that tad too far & was clutching frantically at the nearest immovable object ~ ME!!!

I have puncture marks all round my ankles. Good thing I'm not a balloon!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ow, Ow, Ow! I know that feeling all too well, though for me it's usually from a kitten who thinks my feet beneath the covers are a plaything to be hunted! I pray that your ankles heal soonly. Though I am reminded of a friends kitty who would lay in wait behind a curtain that folded around a counter in the kitchen for the unsuspecting feet that would walk by and he would leap out and dig into his 'prey' from his fully hidden spot. We all learned quickly to not walk by without checking for the cat first!

seekingmyLord said...

That will teach you for sleeping in. ;)

My cat takes great pleasure in jumping from a sitting position to straight up on me without warning while I am standing and talking on the phone. There have been times when I was not paying attention to catch him and ended up with deep scratches from my chest down to my thighs.

Libby said...

Must I remind you that YOU chose the cats, mwhahaha...

Amanda said...

oh Ganeida, you paint a vivid picture! I love, love, love the quote and the picture. Just gorgeous and cute and all things warm and fuzzy lol.

Yes, good think you are not rubbery and full of hot air!! :P haha!

seekingmyLord said...

Hmm, the hot air part just might be a debatable point...but then she would float, so, no, not hot air...maybe just room temperature air. ;P

Finding Joy said...

I love the photo of the sleepy cat - life is so good!!

I don't think it is good to analysis a cat in any great detail as they are complex creatures that like to be complex and difficult to read. And that is what makes them such wonderful companions.

Ganeida said...

Birbitt: Ouch. Hiding cats who like to pounce are heart attack material! ☺

Seeking: Joke all you like, you have Jamie. ;P

Lobby: I did say that...

Amanda: the best cat quote I've found [after the one about them being god] is this one:People who don't like cats wll come back as mice in the next life. lol

Jo: Mine are definitely excellent companions!

seekingmyLord said...

Which confirms my thoughts...I, as only I could do, have made the sacrifice of having this little terror in my home to save the rest of you from him.

I have to save that while my cat does not purr loudly, you should hear him snore!

seekingmyLord said...

I guess I have "saving" on the brain. LOL! I meant "I have to say...."

Sandra said...

Oh my. I can't help it, I'm laughing!

Ganeida said...

Seeking: So you say. Jamie is such a sweetie...♥

Sandra: lol. You'd never believe how terrified of me that cat was when we first brought him home! ☺

Pen Wilcock said...

"Odd follows me" - I love that! :0)